Cheapest Uncapped Shaped ADSL Solution in South Africa
Is Uncapped ADSL for me? What's the difference between Capped and Uncapped?There are three things you need to consider if you are deciding whether or not to go for Uncapped ADSL:
1. Your Total Usage vs Your Cost of Subscription.
2. Which is more important to you? High speed or unlimited downloads?
3. Do you want to use the account in more than one place? 1. Your Total Usage vs Your Cost of SubscriptionThis is very important to consider. An Uncapped solution is only worthwhile if you use more bandwidth than the equivalently priced Capped ADSL product. What does this mean?For a 384k line and use 20GB or less per month, you should rather get a 20GB capped accountFor a 512k line and use 30GB or less per month, you should rather get a 30GB capped accountFor a 4096k line and use 50GB or less per month, you should rather get a 50GB capped account2. Which is more important to you? High speed or unlimited downloads?You will notice a difference in speed and performance between Capped and Uncapped accounts. Generally Capped accounts will have a constant high speed throughout the month, but an Uncapped account's speed will vary a great deal depending on how much you have used and on what other users are doing.If constant high speed is more important to you then a Capped account is the way to go. If unlimited downloads at varying speeds are more important to you, then Uncapped could be the right product for you.3. Do you want to use the account in more than one place?With a Capped account you can connect from as many different places as you like at any given time. The limit on a Capped account is how much you can download, not on how many places you can download from. An Uncapped account on the other hand is restricted to use from only one location.Is this really an uncapped account? What are the catches? Can I really download as much as I want?The answer to this is yes, it really is an uncapped account, however there are a few important points which need to be made clear upfront so that you are not surprised or disappointed later.Our uncapped product is designed for users who want to have unlimited use of the internet for average things such as browsing, email, some gaming, some downloading and streaming media etc. The uncapped product is DEFINITELY NOT designed for use by users who want to download or use peer-to-peer traffic 24x7 right through the month. We need to be clear on this point: If you use this account for heavy downloading then you WILL DEFINTELY be throttled at some point during the month.You will never be capped, but under these conditions you should expect that your speed will definitely and noticeably slow down. With this in mind please consider carefully if this product is the right one for you.
Please note that our Uncapped accounts are supplied by Internet Solution and as such are subject to their terms and conditions.
These include the following specific notes:
What do you need to get connected?
- There will be fluctuations in internet performance
- There is no "real time" expectation. Uploads and downloads may "take longer" depending on congestion on the network
- Peer to peer traffic be a lot slower than other types of traffic
- Fair usage is considered downloading up to 100 GB per month, however this is subject to network availability and sharing amongst other uncapped users
- ADSL line
- ADSL modem or router
384 kbps R174.56 ex vat / R199 incl. vat per month.
512 kbps R262.28 ex vat / R299 incl. vat per month.
1024 kbps R420.18 ex vat / R479 incl. vat per month.
4096 kbps lite R437.72 ex vat / R499 incl. vat per month.
4096 kbps max R1595.00 ex vat / R1818.30 incl. vat per month.