Statistics and Facts
Want to sign up? Order Now
- 43% of companies that experience a severe data loss disaster without any recovery plan in place - never re-open
- As a director of a Company, both your Fiduciary and Statutory obligations in accordance with the law of Good Governance require you to ensure that both you and your co-directors adhere to the practice of safeguarding any operational data in an appropriate manner
- Be it human error, theft, flood or virus attack, it can happen to you - it probably will sometime
- On average, by the 6th day of a major data loss, companies experience a 25% loss in daily revenue. By day 25 it is 40%
- Loss of data can disrupt business life and destroy business value. Be it human error, theft, flood or virus attack
- 99% of all business do not do a daily backup
- 60% of backups are incomplete. A backup is only as good as the 1st restore.
- 50% of restores fail
- Only 25% of tapes are stored off-site and end user compliance with backups is only 8%
- 50% of backups to tapes, are stored in fire-proof safes - which ironically in the event of a fire, generate enough heat inside to either melt or just damage the tapes
- 90% of backups that are done require human intervention
- The law insists that businesses must safeguard their own or anyone else’s data, by appropriate precautions against loss, corruption or unauthorised disclosure - Data Protection Act, 1998
- Never underestimate the capabilities of a disgruntled employee!.